So in 7 days I will be reuniting with my family in Las Vegas, NV! I can’t express how excited I am to be with family and enjoy some warm sunshine aaaahhhhhhhhhhh! It’s going to be amazing! I think the headcount is 70 adults and 13 kids (under 10)! The headcount is just for the event, not all of us can make it. Yes my family is like a mafia, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. There is never a dull or quiet moment when we’re together!
Although I’m super excited for this 5 day getaway, it does make me slightly nervous. Vacations used to be my biggest fall back. They were every reason to veg-out & pig out, especially in Vegas! Have you seen the buffets? WOW!
Back in November, I went to Las Vegas with my immediate family to celebrate an early Thanksgiving. I picked up a few tricks to help me stay on track-
What I packed
- Running shoes
- Workout clothes
- Greek Yogurt-you could obviously buy your snacks at your destination, but we had really great deals with coupons & advertised special at our local grocery store. We needed to use them anyways!
- Protein shakes-I drink premier protein, you can find them at Costco. 30 grams of protein!
- Waterbottle-I use this one by Thermos
I wanted to bring my foodscale, but at the mention of it my husband looked at me like I was crazy, so I won’t be taking it with us!
What I do
- If I fly in at night, I make it a priority to workout the next morning-The first day always sets the tone for a trip.
- I use MyFitnessPal app (Iphone) to keep track of my calories
- Bring snacks (greek yogurt, protein shakes, and almonds) in a lunchbox. Our schedule is so unpredictable it’s always good to eat something at least every 3 hours. Even if you’re going to a buffet that day!
- Most importantly, I let myself relax. I work extremely hard at home, and for my mental health, I try not to stress if I have more free meals then healthy meals. Use this time to recuperate and enjoy the time with family!
What helps you stay healthy on a vacation?